Saturday, October 14, 2006

Edges

So I finally got a chance to sit down and work on the render system I outlined. Overall I’m pretty happy. Still needs tweaking but the basic idea is sound. You can see the crayon outline effect from these screen shots:





However you can also see I need a better way to set up the UV coordinates on my models. The scale of the UV cords is so large that the art tool has trouble with it. I may switch to some kind of method to generate the UV coordinates from a set of base coordinates in the mesh. The real issue is that I want to get orientation data of the texture from the UV coordinates but not the scale information. I need to also preserve edge boundaries of the between polygons so I don’t get seams when I change the UVs. I think I read about a patching algorithm along these lines at some point… have to hunt that down. If anyone has a good idea, feel free to let me know…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home