Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's about character.

Character modeling has never been a skill I really possessed. It is the part that has killed almost every personal project I have worked on. I wanted Warriors of the Shining Star, the name of the game I’m working on, to be semi realistic. Due to the aforementioned inability to create characters that is impossible.

So I’m going to go with something simpler and within my limited abilities. For anyone that knows me this will come as no surprise. I have decided to go with spheres (and other simple shapes) for all of my characters. While it is not the look I wanted it is a look that will provide a certain amount of characterand style to the game. Here is a sort of sample of what I’m talking about, the Warrior class:

2 Comments:

Blogger Viridian said...

It's better than anything I could do :)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like it, it was a fun stylistic feel to it.
I know how you feel though. While I'm ok at modeling I could never pull off something realistic. Luckily we can do a lot of cool things with lighting and shader effects now that give a level of polish to even the most obvious 'programmer art'.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home